Sunday, July 18, 2010

Damir Doma: Mewnswear, SS 2011


Summer 2011 Menswear collection


Although the Croatian-born, Paris-based Damir Doma is decidedly one of my favorite designers, and in spite of the fact that I've been enjoying some pics from his latest collection for some time now, I hadn't yet shared them in my blog. Yeah, I know: what a shame. 
Well, here they go, finally.

A weird elegance indeed, with rustic togs in a stylish setting; ample, almost over-sized and obviously comfortable garments, yet refined and chic.
Let me also point out those beautiful tressed-leather shoes (something like Mexican "guaraches").




Check out the complete set at the designer's site:

In order to make it up for you, in view of my delay in posting Mr. Doma's wonderful creations, I'm also sharing a couple of videos. I think it's always clarifying to watch the garments "in motion". 
You can see the effect that moving forward, or a breeze, can have on the fabrics, and appreciate the draping in it's full extent.


The first vid is the "official" one. The designer chose a beautiful setting for his show.







The second one is the exact same show, but from a different angle.
Celeb fashion-blogger Bryanboy was present at the exhibition, and shot it from his own point of view.
I found comparing the videos a nice experiment.









4 comments:

  1. Love the look of the cowboy boot(ie)s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What else is new, Blackcowboy! Lol... Let's admit they're wonderful. Take care, and I'm waiting for your pics with the kilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when I have done so, I will tell you! I gues my Overknees would fit to a kilt! ;)

    Yepp I do admit it, they are wonderfull

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clothes and I totally LOVE the boots and the sandals!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete